Eligibility for SBI PO
SBI PO Eligibility
- Age: The candidate must be 21 to 30 Years
- Age Relaxation: OBC-3 Years, SC/ST – 5 Years, PH- 10 Years, Ex-Servicemen-5 Years
- Qualification: Graduation in any Discipline / Appearing in the final year of Graduation Exam
- Note: The date of passing eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University / Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University / Institute then a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University / Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing.
Number of Attempts for SBI PO
Attempts for SBI PO
SBI PO Attempts :
- Category wise Number of Chances
- General 4
- General (PWD) 7
- OBC 7
- OBC (PWD) 7
- SC/ SC (PWD)/ ST/ ST (PWD) No Restriction
General category candidates who have appeared on 4 occasions in the recruitment examination of POs for SBI are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
How to Apply for SBI PO exam
SBI PO Exam Fee
FEE: General & Others: Rs 500/-
SC/ST/PWD: Rs 100/-
Selection Procedure of SBI PO
SBI PO Selection Procedure
Phase-I: – Examination consisting Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks.
The Objective Test will be online. Immediately after online Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive test on paper/Pen mode.
(i) The Objective Test with 2 hour duration consists of 4 Sections with 50 marks each.
(Total 200 Marks) as follows:-
|Sr. No.||Subjects||Max. Marks|
|1||Test of English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc.)||50|
|2||Test of General Awareness, Marketing & Computers||50|
|3||Test of Data Analysis & Interpretation||50|
|4||Test of Reasoning (High Level)||50|
The candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
(ii)The Descriptive Test with 1 hour duration (50marks) will be of “Test Descriptive Test: of English Language (comprehension, short précis, letter writing & essay)”. The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in objective test.
(b) Phase-II: – Group Discussion (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks)
The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Discussion and Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Discussion & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
SBI PO Emoluments/Salary Package
EMOLUMENTS of SBI PO:
PAY: The starting basic pay is 16,900/-.The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A & C.C.A as per rules in force from time to time. The compensation per annum at Mumbai is around 8, 40,000/-. The breakup of `monthly compensation is as under:
Cash Component 34,320/-
Bank’s contribution to PF 1,690/-
Housing (Lease Rental) 29,500/-
Maintenance etc. 4,130/-
SBI PO Vacancies -2018
SBI PO Backlog Vacancies included in the above mentioned total vacancies
|Min Cut Off||13||13||14||13||80|
Part B: Descriptive Test
Total Written Cut off for Interview: (Part A + Part B): 112 out of 250 Marks (200 + 50)
|Group Discussion||Personal Interview||TOTAL|
SBI PO-2018 from IBS
Join Best Coaching Institute for SBI PO in Chandigarh, Mohali & Panchkula