UPSC Recruitment 2017 – Apply Online for CDS I Exam: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has advertised a notification for the recruitment of 414 vacancies for Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2018 [Including SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course] various courses in Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Air Force academy. Eligible candidates can apply Online on or before 04-12-2017 till 1800 hrs/ 1800 hrs. Other details like age limit, educational qualification, application fee, selection process and how to apply are given below…
|Last Date to Apply Online||04-12-2017 till 1800 hrs / 1800 hrs|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (by cash)||03-12-2017 by 11:59 PM.|
|Last Date for Fee Payment (Online)||04-12-2017 till 06.00 PM.|
Application Fee: Applicants required paying Rs.200/- through the following modes and Female/ SC/ ST/ PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee:
- Pay by cash Mode: Applicants required to pay the fee by cash Mode should print the system generated Pay in slip during Part II registration and deposit the money in any Branch of SBI on or before 03-12-2017 by 11:59 PM.
- Net Banking Mode: Applicants required paying the fee by using net banking facility of SBI.
- Online Mode: Applicants required paying the fee by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit card on or before 04-12-2017 till 06.00 PM.
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status:
|S. No||Name of the Academy||Age Limit||Vacancy|
|1.||IMA||Born not earlier than 02-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-2000.(Unmarried male candidates)||100|
|2.||Indian Naval Academy||Born not earlier than 02-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-2000.(Unmarried male candidates)||45|
|3.||Air Force Academy||age between 20-24 years as on 01-01-2019 (born not earlier than 02-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-1999). (Unmarried male candidates)||32|
|4.||Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men)||Born not earlier than 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2000 (Male Candidates (Married or Unmarried))||225|
|5.||Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course)||Born not earlier than 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2000||12|
Candidates should possess Degree of a recognised University or equivalent for S.No-1, Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/ Institution for S.No-2, Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering for S.No-3 Posts.
Candidates will be selected based on SSB (Stage I & II). Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception, Description Test (PP&DT) (Stage I) & Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference (Stage II).
Applicants required paying Rs.200/- through the following modes and Female/ SC/ ST/ PH candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
1. Pay by cash Mode: Applicants required to pay the fee by cash Mode should print the system generated Pay in slip during Part II registration and deposit the money in any Branch of SBI on or before 03-12-2017 by 11:59 PM.
2. Net Banking Mode: Applicants required to pay the fee by using net banking facility of SBI.
3. Online Mode: Applicants required to pay the fee by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit card on or before 04-12-2017 till 06.00 PM.
How to Apply:
Eligible Candidates can apply Online form the website www.upsconline.nic.in on or before 04-12-2017 till 1800 hrs / 1800 hrs.
- Written Exam consists of Objective Type questions and time duration 2hrs and maximum marks is 100 for each subject.
ii. For the candidates who are appearing for Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air force Academy written test comprising of English, General Knowledge and Elementary mathematics subjects and for candidates who are appearing for officers training academy the written test comprising of English and General Knowledge.
iii. Candidates who are declared successful in the written exam will be detailed for intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board based on their preference, by the respective service HQ.
(A) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
(B) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy:
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
The candidates who are selected in written test are called for interview. The SSB procedure consists of two stage selection process-Stage I and Stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for Stage II.
- Stage-I comprises of Officers Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception Description Test (P&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in QIR Test and PP and DT.
- Stage II comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officers Tasks, Psychology Tests and the conference. These testes are conducted over 4 days.
The personality of candidate is assessed by three different assessors viz. the interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist. There are no separate weightage for each test. The marks are allotted by assessors only after taking into consideration the performance of the candidate holistically in all the test.
CDS Exam Preparation@IBS Institute
IBS is starting target batches for CDS Exam in various branches. The Course will be completed in 3Months followed by a National Level Mock Test Series having 10 Mock Tests as per the Syllabus & Pattern of the Exam. The Salient
Features of the Exam will be as under:
- Class – 2 Hours daily
- 6-Days a week
- Daily Class Assignment having(50+ Questions)
- Daily Home Assignment having(50+ Questions)
- Weekly Practice Tests (Topic wise)
- Doubt Clearing sessions after every Topic
- Practice Books – Containing all questions from previous years.
- 100% Exam Concepts to be covered in Class Assignment/Home Assignment/Books.
- Highly Experienced & Specialized Teachers
- Vedic Mathematics + Shortcut Techniques in Mathematics
- Special lectures by experts from Defence Background
- Course Duration: 3 Months + 1 Month Practice
- Section Tests After Course Completion: 30 Tests
- Weekly Mock Test with Discussion by Experts.
- National level test series 10 Tests.
- National level Ranking among students of more than 70 cities.
- Weekly GK capsule-40 Weekly news review.
- GS & English Quiz on daily Basis on Mobile App.
- Mentoring by the directors for Individual Attention.
- 15 Days Refresher Course before the Final Test.
CHANDIGARH-8: SCO. 108-109, Top Floor, Sector- 8 C. Phone: 0172-4668810, 92162-78310
CHANDIGARH-34-I: SCO. 13-15, 1st Floor, Sector- 34 A. Phone: 0172-4181045, 93164-88310
CHANDIGARH-34-II: SCO. 134-136, Top Floor, Sector- 34 A. Phone: 0172-4648310, 93160-68310
CHANDIGARH-15: SCO. 72-73, Top Floor, Sector-15 D. Phone: 0172-4668310, 92160-78310
MOHALI: SCO 29, Phase 7, Mohali. Phone: 0172-5032710, 92165-78310
PANCHKULA: SCO. 34, Sector-11, Panchkula. Phone: 92169-68310, 0172-4604633
NEW-DELHI: 45-46, Near Nirman Vihar Metro Station, Laxmi Nagar, Phone: 011-42147329, 92666-78310
ROHINI: C-9/25, 2nd Floor, Sector-7, Opp. Metro Piller No 400, Phone: 011-27058535, 99990-59511.
BAWANA: Near SBI Bank, Above Punjab and Sindh Bank, First floor, Narela Road. Phone: 96509-38533.
FARIDABAD: SCO 96, Above National Insurance, Sector-16, Hudda Market. Phone: 9899834310.
PATIALA-I: SCF. 109, Chhoti Baradari. Phone: 93169-68310
BATHINDA: GhodeWala chowk, Main Ajit Road, Opp-Street No. 16. Phone: 92169-78310
JALANDHAR: Bedi Paradise, 1st Floor, Opposite Hotel Residency, Near Bus Stand, Jawahar Nagar. Phone: 92167-78310
LUDHIANA: Lower Ground Floor, SEAR Tower, Opp. BSNL Exchange, Bharat Nagar Chowk. Phone: 92167-68310
FATEHGARH SAHIB: Bassi Sirhind Road, Opposite District Complex. Phone: 92162-58310, 92165-55578
BARNALA: Master Mind Complex, New Bus Stand Road. Phone: 92168-68310
KHANNA: SCF 11, 1st Floor, GTB Market. Mobile: 92167-77788
BATALA: SCO 170, 2nd Floor, Phuwara Chowk, Jalandhar Road, Batala. Phone: 9356868310
AMBALA CANTT: 126 Staff Road, Opposite GPO. Phone: 0171-2642310, 92156-78310.
AMBALA CITY: DAV College Road, Jagadhari Gate. Phone: 92157-78310.
YAMUNANAGAR: Opp. Samsung Customer Care, Beside Madhu Hotel. Phone: 92156-46079.
KARNAL: MM Building, Opposite Bus Stand. Phone: 92153-78310.
KURUKSHETRA: SCO: 42, Top Floor, Above Allahabad Bank, Sector-13. Phone: 92154-78310.
SHIMLA: Sushant Bhawan, Near Co-operative Bank, Chhota Shimla. Phone: 94187-78310.
PALAMPUR: Gurudwara Road, Ward No. 7, (Govt. College Road). Phone: 98166-24100.
KODERMA: 2nd Floor, Ujala Tower, Ranchi Patna Road, Jhumari Telaiya. Phone: 9162162909, 9939725099.
DHANBAD: Laxmi Complex, 2nd Floor, Opp. Induslnd Bank Bankmore. Phone: 9431154940
GIRDIH: 2nd Floor, Shakil Complex, Station Road, Giridih, Jharkhand. 97090-87542, 74809-31106
PATNA: Road Number-2, Rajendra Nagar. Phone: 0612-2662212, 7070092379.
ARRAH: Block Road, Old NCC Office, Opp. Dr. Kanhaiya Singh. Phone: 78707-14533
GAYA: Lalit Niwas, Ghughari Tand, Near Bypass. Phone: 854433833
SAHARANPUR: Madhav Nagar Chowk, Above Telephone Exchange, Near Company Gardan. Phone: 91520-23862
AGRA: G.D.V.M 11/48/3, Hathras Road Rambagh. Phone: 80062-22207.
FIROZABAD: STG Compound, Behind Gurudwara, Station Road. Phone: 70600-06900
SUMERPUR: 1st Floor, Pan Kutir, Near Deputy Office, Sumerpur (Pali). Phone: 9887554666, 9587552666.
SRIGANGANAGAR: 38 H Block Godara College Road, Near Nehru Park. Phone: 95211-68310
DEHRADUN: 2nd Floor, CSM Wested, Chakrata Road, Near IMA Blood Bank, Ballupur. Phone: 88812-00300.
KASHIPUR: Near Hotel Kumaon Plaza, Uttrakhand. Phone: 95689-66660
KOTDWARA: Opp. Kedar Palace, Near Motor Nagar, Devi Road, Kotdwara – Uttrakhand. Phone: 98374-54591, 90457-19131
GUWAHATI: Zoo Road, Tiniali, Near Bandhan Bank, Byelane 1, House No. 3. Phone: 84040-71908
NAGPUR: 1st Floor, Paradise Plaza, Above Bank of India, Kadhi Chowk, Kamptee Road, Nagpur. Phone: 96653-76786
PUNE: B-Wing Office No. 57 First Floor K.K Market, Near Shankar Maharaj Math, Satara Road, Pune Phone: 9028950200
VITA: Above State Bank of India, mayani Road, Vita, Maharashtra Phone: 95451-72831, 95183-03968.
BANGALURU (JP-NAGAR): 1365, 1st Floor, JP Nagar, 1st Phase, Kankapura, Main Road, Bangluru (JP-Nagar). Phone: 7022368310
RAJKOT: 1st Floor, Shubh Complex, Near Nagrik Bank, Hanuman Madhi Chowk, Raya Road, Rajkot, Gujrat Phone: 0281-2451233
PALAKKAD: Koppam Road, Tharekkad Palakkad, Kerala-678001, 0491-2538818
IBS will Provide 10 Mock Tests for CDS Exam